Re: [GSoC] spanners project update

From: Nathan Chou
Subject: Re: [GSoC] spanners project update
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 02:44:06 -0700

Hello,

I have tried the same idea with context properties, and it seems to
work just as well as my previous approach with a static member. (To
summarize: cross voice spanners and the voice they currently belong to
are stored in a property of some context containing both voices, like
Score. Each voice's engraver checks this property in its parent
contexts during an engraving step, and acts on the spanners that
currently belong to its voice.) Thanks again for the suggestion!

There is a detail I would like to clarify. David suggested allowing \=
to optionally specify the parent context in which a cross-voice
spanner's information is shared (although I am not sure how that would
be done with a key-list, since I think the spanner id itself is a
string). If this context is not specified, should it default to Score
or Staff (or something else)? Also, I am trying to implement this by
setting a property of the span event to the indicated context symbol;
is that a reasonable approach?

Nathan