Re: repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: repeating bar numbers and rehearsal marks in frenched score
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:41:07 +0200

Mark Knoop <address@hidden> writes:

> At 14:11 on 29 Jul 2016, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>>Hm, so your take is that alignAboveContext is more for establishing
>>order rather than a connection to the particular named context.  Maybe.
>
> The documentation seems pretty clear on this:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/context-layout-order
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/satb-with-aligned-contexts
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/size-of-objects#index-alignAboveContext-property_002c-example

Ok, so pulling this in is not a no-brainer and it does concern stuff
with a completely different set of functionality.  So strike this
proposal, it really wasn't going to make things simpler.

I remember that the decision to sort the remove-layers numerically was
based on the desire not to have logical circles: with this sort of
ordering, the behavior of lower numbers does not depend on that of
higher numbers.  Any other solution would likely need to maintain that
property.