Re: Help with Scheme engraver please

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Help with Scheme engraver please
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 21:22:39 +0200

> Simon, you wrote Friday, September 02, 2016 1:34 AM
>> I just caught up with all the mailing lists, being back from holiday,
>> and I’d be interested in a working example for this solution. Would you
>> mind sharing it?
>
> There already is a helpful working example in the code base.  See
>
> input/regression/scheme-engraver.ly
>
> This doesn't go as far as creating new grobs, so I've attached a
> simple example that does.  This is a bit of a hack, used as part of
> a learning process, and a bit messy as it evolved from an earlier
> attempt, but it illustrates one way.
>
> Actually, comments from the experts on this would be very helpful.

Hi Trevor,

I stumbled across you're printing a rest-glyph for a quarter-note.

Eventually I might have some ideas, but there are a plethora of
variants for historic tablaures. Which glyphs do you want to be
printed above the TabStaff for the code below. Only flags, flags with
stems, stems only for quarters, what to do for notes longer than a
quarter?

m = { \compressFullBarRests c'\maxima \longa \breve 1 2 4 8 16 32 }

<<
  \new MensuralVoice \m
  \new TabStaff \with { \revert TextScript.stencil }
  \new TabVoice
    \with {
      \consists \Lute_tab_duration_engraver
    } \m