Re: Help with Scheme engraver please

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Help with Scheme engraver please
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 19:29:01 +0200

> Thomas Morley wrote Friday, September 02, 2016 8:22 PM

>>> There already is a helpful working example in the code base.  See
>>>
>>> input/regression/scheme-engraver.ly
>>>
>>> This doesn't go as far as creating new grobs, so I've attached a
>>> simple example that does.  This is a bit of a hack, used as part of
>>> a learning process, and a bit messy as it evolved from an earlier
>>> attempt, but it illustrates one way.
>>>
>>> Actually, comments from the experts on this would be very helpful.
>>
>> I stumbled across you're printing a rest-glyph for a quarter-note.
>>
>> Eventually I might have some ideas, but there are a plethora of
>> variants for historic tablaures. Which glyphs do you want to be
>> printed above the TabStaff for the code below. Only flags, flags with
>> stems, stems only for quarters, what to do for notes longer than a
>> quarter?
>>
>> m = { \compressFullBarRests c'\maxima \longa \breve 1 2 4 8 16 32 }
>>
>> <<
>>  \new MensuralVoice \m
>>  \new TabStaff \with { \revert TextScript.stencil }
>>  \new TabVoice
>>    \with {
>>      \consists \Lute_tab_duration_engraver
>>    } \m
>
> I really know very little about lute tablature, but I believe there are many
> different styles.  Should this ever get close to operational we'd need
> to discuss which styles to support and what glyphs would be needed.
> But I fear that's some way in the future.  The mensural (and rest) glyphs
> I used in this little example are just markers really, while I explore how to
> deal with other aspects - fingering, bass courses, articulations, etc.
>
> Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I've put some work on it. See attached duration-as-markup-5b-harm.ly
The general work should be clear from comments and descriptions.
There's some ugly code in it, although it works so far, wide room for
improvements still there.
Nevertheless it works now even in polyphonic.

For the ornaments you may be interested in Nicolas' engraver.
Attached you'll find my fix to make it compile with newer
devel-versions. Though I didn't do any testings for ornaments in
TabStaff.
You may notice the little bug I detected (close to the red exclamation
mark in pdf), no clue how to fix this.

Cheers,
  Harm