Re: Add output-attributes grob property to replace id (issue 308430043 b

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: Add output-attributes grob property to replace id (issue 308430043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:46:28 -0700

On 2016/09/27 10:06:26, dak wrote:
https://codereview.appspot.com/308430043/diff/1/python/convertrules.py
File python/convertrules.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/308430043/diff/1/python/convertrules.py#newcode3906
python/convertrules.py:3906: @rule ((2, 19, 49), r"""\override ... .id
=
"a-string" ->
Any reason we just don't keep the id?

I considered this, but it's simpler for both code and user if all these
svg output attributes are in the same alist property rather than split
across two.  Currently the id property is not used for anything else, so
no need to keep it around.  Later if another (e.g. internal) use for a
grob id property arises, we could add it back then.

And if not, why override all of
output-attributes instead of just output-attributes.id ?

Good call, that would be better (not to mention easier to do with the
convert rule).

And what's with tweaks?  And/or overrideProperty?

Oops, that's an oversight.  I'll do another patch set.

Thanks for the review,
-Paul

https://codereview.appspot.com/308430043/