Re: Add output-attributes grob property to replace id (issue 308430043 b

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Add output-attributes grob property to replace id (issue 308430043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:49:44 +0200

Am 27.09.2016 um 20:46 schrieb address@hidden:
> I considered this, but it's simpler for both code and user if all these
> svg output attributes are in the same alist property rather than split
> across two.  Currently the id property is not used for anything else, so
> no need to keep it around.  Later if another (e.g. internal) use for a
> grob id property arises, we could add it back then.

We will definitely want to have an 'id property to address elements from
elsewhere in a document, be it spanners or be it edition-engraver mods
or similar additions. Maybe in the context of partial recompilation
features IDs may become handy. So it might be an option to leave a
top-level 'id property in place right now instead of possibly adding it
back at a later point?

Urs