Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 13:39:46 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Then trying to build the docs:
> make LANGS='' doc
> I.e. a single core compilation for better tracking problems, only english
> docs.
>
> It crashed because of string-filter and string-delete changed the
> order of arguments in guile2, I patched it and tried again.

Pffffft.  We can replace those occurences, either with something else or
a conditional.  However, I read

commit 9fe717e23c50680b77860dcb3e30b00184caba4f
Author: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri Nov 19 17:08:36 2010 +0100

    fix string-filter and string-delete argument order

    * libguile/srfi-13.h:
    * libguile/srfi-13.c (scm_string_filter, scm_string_delete): Swap
      char_pred and s argument order, to comply with SRFI-13. There is a
      back-compat shim that will detect programs that used the old,
      erroneous interface, while giving a warning.

    * doc/ref/api-data.texi: Update docs.

So what's up with the "back-compat shim" ?

> most current release.
> Nevertheless I did not found any mentioning of string-delete and
> string-filter being changed in previous discussions.

Should just cause a warning though.

> Apart from markup-cyclic-reference.ly the regtests compile (I did not
> proof the output, though)
>
> Any pointers how to continue?

The main problem I remember was a coding problem.  It did not like
working with UTF-8 characters.