Re: Need some help - build doc fails for me

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Need some help - build doc fails for me
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:10:58 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>

> On 15/03/17 12:47, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> A Patchy-staging run went fine just now for me, for an i386 (32bit)
>> build.  I suspect your language environment to somehow interfere.
>> What's the output of
>>
>> locale
>>
>> for you?
>>
> address@hidden ~/lilypond-extra/patches $ locale
> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
> LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
> LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>

> Which looks OK.

LANGUAGE looks weird to me.  What happens when you call

perl

(exit again with C-c or C-d) ?  For some unfathomable reason, that has
been a rare application for me that actually complained about invalid
locale settings.

On the other hand, some of the recent report looked like you'd be
missing bibtex (which is a symlink on my system to a binary provided by
the texlive-binaries package).

Maybe you are either missing the teclive-binaries package or the bibtex
"alternative" is not properly set up?