Re: Google SoC

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Google SoC
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 23:18:54 -0400

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 3/29/17 6:31 PM, "Winston, Charles R." <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>>I also understand there is a period of "community bonding" for the GSoC.
>>I'd love to hear about that in more detail.
>
> After students are selected and before coding begins (from May 4 to May
> 30), students work to lay the foundation for their success.  This means
> they are involved in the development community, perhaps submitting bug
> fixes or documentation suggestions, reviewing code, and otherwise
> participating in the community.  But you don't need to wait until May 4 to
> start bonding with the LilyPond communityĆ

The GSoC website itself also has the comprehensive descriptions of
things in the timeline, rules, and other sections:
  https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline

If you scroll to the bottom/footer, you'll find those and other helpful links.

Also, the last section at:
  http://lilypond.org/website/google-summer-of-code.html

--

Jeffery Shivers