Re: Improve internal chord structure

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Improve internal chord structure
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 12:26:06 +0200

Renato Fabbri <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> You'll find that the same notes can already be distinguished as either
>> chord/inversion.
>>
>> One question certainly is whether the information we use for that is a
>> good fit and whether it should be easier to create this kind of
>> information outside of \chordmode .
>>

> How would one create this information outside \chordmode?

Using \withMusicProperty .  Namely, there currently is no dedicated user
interface outside of \chordmode for setting those properties.  One
reason that it might make sense to have one is for making results of the
fretboard exception list more applicable to chord recognition and other
manipulations so that they can be used outside of fretboard contexts as
well.