Re: GitHub has been acquired by Microsoft

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: GitHub has been acquired by Microsoft
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 17:32:49 -0500

On 6/4/2018 3:14 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
I actually manage the team at google that develops gerrit, and yes,
the new UI is much better, and I think it also much better than
GitHub's pull-request model.

I am happy to help with setting up an instance for LilyPond if that
helps anyone.

I had done a little research on Gerrit before the April 2018 discussion about GitLab. I gathered Gerrit would be one of the closest things to LilyPond's current Rietveld code review. As an open-source project, LilyPond would have a chance of free hosting for Gerrit on Red Hat's OpenShift platform, and possibly other places.

<https://hub.openshift.com/quickstarts/133-gerrit-code-review>
<https://www.openshift.com/grants/>

Gerrit also has integration plug-ins for several issue trackers.

<https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-plugins.html#its-plugins>

It looks like there isn't one yet for Apache Allura, although there is a "base" framework that gets extended for each issue tracker integration. So developing something for Allura would not have to be done from scratch.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA