Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 15:53:04 +0100

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/8/2019 8:31 AM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>> So, my vote would be to try to do a Darwin-only version of Lilypond,
>> and position Frescobaldi as the "default editor" for Mac users.
>
> Would MacPorts installation be adequate for LilyPond? Hans Åberg
> reports success with this. Or is it important to have something
> available from lilypond.org?

I can't really vouch for it.  Apparently our Linux installers (do they
even include something like Lilypad and if so, does anybody use it?) are
still comparatively popular in spite of distributions providing their
own LilyPond versions.  On the other hand, I don't know whether there is
evidence of our FreeBSD installers getting used by anybody.