Re: Working on issue 665, how to proceed?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Working on issue 665, how to proceed?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 10:29:24 +0100

Hi Jaap,

Am Sa., 16. Nov. 2019 um 01:23 Uhr schrieb <address@hidden>:

> In the last weeks I did write a start of a lilypond -> musicxml solution.

Many thanks working on it.

I think Jacques Menu does a lot with musicxml.
Also, I seem to remember there was some experimental work in Frescobaldi.
I may be wrong with both, nevertheless I cc-ed Jacques and Urs.

> What I have written so far is creating musicxml files which contains all
> partials time signatures, keys, notes, slurs, ties, staffs and staff
> grouping, as well as support for most accidentals, barlines, lyrics, beams,
> tupplets, forced linebreaks and pagebreaks.  There is partial support for
> tempo (only <note>=bps ). Also most header information  (title, composer
> etc) is put in the xml document
>
> What not is handled graceful is NullVoice (is just added to the staff).
>

> Fermata, CueVoice, Figured bass, stems, repeat endings, special noteheads
> are not handled at all (at this moment).
>
> Also (apart from line end page breaks) no engraving information is added to
> the musicxml
>

> Anyone who is interested in the code can have a look at
> <https://github.com/de-wolff/lilypond/>
> https://github.com/de-wolff/lilypond/ in the branch musicxml

I've cloned and compiled it without any poblems.

> You only need musicxml.scm xml-library.scm and musicxml.ly.
>
> Then you can include musicxml.ly in your music.ly, and put a line \musicxml
> \mycomplexmusic in it The music can be the total expression as you put it
> normally in a score, including staffs, staffgoups, lyrics etc.

I had a very quick glance over your additions.
Though, before going into details I tried run it on an example:

\version "2.21.0"
\include "musicxml.ly"
\musicxml
{ R1 }

Alas. I get:
GNU LilyPond 2.21.0
Processing `jaap-test-01.ly'
Parsing.../home/hermann/de-wolff-lilypond-git/build/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/musicxml.scm:2315:25:
In procedure ly_score_set_header_x in expression (ly:score-set-header!
scr dheader):
/home/hermann/de-wolff-lilypond-git/build/out/share/lilypond/current/scm/musicxml.scm:2315:25:
Wrong type argument in position 2 (expecting module): #f

Did I misunderstand?

Cheers,
  Harm