RE: create code tests

From: lilypond
Subject: RE: create code tests
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:36:48 +0100

Dan,

I did not write a test yet, I only did it by hand, but there are a lot of tests
which I want to do.
When I have the right test environment / tools it should be possible to write
scripts in such a way that no human intervention is required.
The first bunch of tests will be a script running in guile, that generates xml
files, to test code I have written.
Next step is to run a test to check whether those xml files are according to
the expectation.
The next bunch will be several lilypond files that must be processed by
lilypond.
As a result musicxml files will be created, of which also must be checked if
they met the expectation.

So what I want:
run guile script1 check result with a script (possible python, but shell
scripts or other programs are also possible)
Run guile script 2 check result
.. script n check result
Run lilypond on file1 check result with script
Run lilypond on file2 check result with script
-- on file m check result with script.

And I want to know which possibilities I have to do this kind of things within
the lilypond developer environment.

So that when I do
$make LILYPOND_BRANCH=mybranch lilypond

I can find the results of the tests I have written in the test log

Jaap