Re: create code tests

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: create code tests
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:51:22 -0500

On Nov 28, 2019, at 19:22, Dan Eble <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, step one is to avoid intertwining the existing xml->ly test
> infrastructure with the new ly->xml test infrastructure.  I would put ly->xml
> test input in a different directory.  I would probably also plan to rename
> input/regression/musicxml to input/regression/musicxml2ly, but I don't see a
> good reason to spend time on that until the new tests are established.
>
> (I have to go now.  I'll continue later.)

How comfortable are you working with makefiles?  I could give you an outline of
how I would approach adding ly->xml tests, but it would not be very detailed
and would probably still require some problem solving.  It might be less work
all around for me to set up makefile rules with placeholder commands that you
can then modify.
—
Dan