Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 20:17:33 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 7:08 PM

On 2020/02/05 18:17:25, c_sorensen wrote:
I recognize that Mike Solomon has a different opinion.  I mean no
disrespect to
Mike, Janek, Han-Wen, or any other member of the LilyPond team.  I
highly value
the team spirit of the LilyPond team.

Well said.  Here's the current tally as I understand it:
For: Han-Wen, Janek, Mike, Urs, Werner
Against: Carl, Dan, David K., Trevor
Mixed: David N.

Mike, you asked,
What are the blockers to making a decision about this patch?
Does it need more discussion or more buy in?

5-4 halfway through the first day doesn't look like buy-in to me.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575620043/

I've kept out of this debate for a long time because a) I've only been peripherally involved lately and b) there's been too much communication for me to read, but

As one of the earlier regular committers, and as the only person who makes builds and updates the websites, I'd vote for no change. No CoC (not needed); keep the current workflow (easy to do if follow the instructions), and make builds work

--
Phil Holmes