Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 21:21:45 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 5. Februar 2020 20:08:28 MEZ schrieb address@hidden:
>>On 2020/02/05 18:17:25, c_sorensen wrote:
>>> I recognize that Mike Solomon has a different opinion.  I mean no
>>disrespect to
>>> Mike, Janek, Han-Wen, or any other member of the LilyPond team.  I
>>highly value
>>> the team spirit of the LilyPond team.
>>
>>Well said.  Here's the current tally as I understand it:
>>For: Han-Wen, Janek, Mike, Urs, Werner
>>Against: Carl, Dan, David K., Trevor
>>Mixed: David N.
>
> I must say that I haven't actually expressed an opinion about it so
> far, and I don't know which I have.
>
> I don't feel uncomfortable without and wouldn't mind adding it.
>
> OTOH openLilyLib owes its existence to a nonzero part to the fact that
> I found it easier to do that than getting my ideas into LilyPond
> itself. (Although this isn't actually a comment on the CoC issue).

That would be relevant regarding the Code of Conduct if fear of getting
harrassed kept you from contributing the code to LilyPond.

It would be marginally relevant if the use of development platforms was
under consideration where accepting/providing a particular Code of
Conduct was mandatory, and use of such a particular platform would have
made working directly in the LilyPond repository more feasible.

For what it's worth, I do think that the bulk of OpenLilyLib likely just
is a better fit for keeping in a separate repository/project since
changes in there do not need tight coordination with changes in
LilyPond.