’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: ’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 18:55:38 -0500

Hello all!

I’m curious as to all the various jobs/tasks required to keep Lilypond
development moving forward at the fastest possible pace and in the most
efficient possible way. Is there a single list compiled anywhere, written with
an eye to extreme granularity? (The closest I can find is
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/help-us>, and the 9
bullet points there are at least an order of magnitude fewer than the list I’m
thinking of.) If not, I’ll start a list, brainstormed from my naïve perspective.

Motivation: if we collectively polish it into a clear and complete description
of the entire Lily-dev ecosystem, we could eventually use it to:
    (a) place existing developers and contributors into their Zone(s) of Genius;
    (b) identify the most important gaps or under-addressed areas in the
pipeline; and
    (c) help new developers find the best way in to the 'Pond.

Thoughts?
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info