Re: ’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: ’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 00:18:20 +0000

On 2/5/20, 4:55 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Kieren MacMillan"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    Hello all!

    I’m curious as to all the various jobs/tasks required to keep Lilypond
development moving forward at the fastest possible pace and in the most
efficient possible way. Is there a single list compiled anywhere, written with
an eye to extreme granularity? (The closest I can find is
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/help-us>, and the 9
bullet points there are at least an order of magnitude fewer than the list I’m
thinking of.) If not, I’ll start a list, brainstormed from my naïve perspective.

    Motivation: if we collectively polish it into a clear and complete
description of the entire Lily-dev ecosystem, we could eventually use it to:
        (a) place existing developers and contributors into their Zone(s) of
Genius;
        (b) identify the most important gaps or under-addressed areas in the
pipeline; and
        (c) help new developers find the best way in to the 'Pond.

    Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea.  This is something that Graham did exceptionally well
when he was here, IMO.

More sources:

 http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/meisters
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/the-bug-squad