Re: Splitting Staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Splitting Staves
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 10:01:42 -0500

Hi David,

> the programming/Scheme layer of LilyPond often allows to _map_
> a problem description in composer terms to an approach in LilyPond terms.
> So sometimes finding a consistent way of describing and structuring a
> problem may garner the necessary help from the list that then provides a
> solution that talks to the user in composer terms, and to the program in
> LilyPond terms.

An excellent point. I’ll think about the problem from a composer’s and
engraver’s standpoint (where I spend most of my working hours) as well as from
a programmer’s standpoint (where I only spend a minority of my working hours)
and see what similarities and differences emerge; hopefully that reflection
will help when it comes time to discuss possible maps.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info