Re: [RFC] weekly dev chats

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [RFC] weekly dev chats
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 00:17:17 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> sob., 8 lut 2020 o 23:56 David Kastrup <address@hidden> napisał(a):
>
>> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>> > I'd be willing to organize and moderate the meetings (take care of
>> > preparing the agenda and sharing the take-aways with the devel list). I
>> > know that it'd be a challenge to find a time that will work for people
>> from
>> > different timezones, but I'll figure somethig out (have some ideas
>> already).
>> >
>> > Thumbs up or thumbs down?
>>
>> What kind of meeting were you thinking of?  IRC/Chat?  Voice?  And/or
>> video?
>>

> Right, I should have clarified that. I'm thinking about voice call. (Video
> call would be great but I expect it may result in more problems than
> benefits.)
>
> Thanks for asking!
> Janek

Found "Pidgin messenger" installed on my Ubuntu Studio.  It purports to
talk AIM, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, Groupwise, ICQ, IRC, Simple,
Sametime, XMPP and Zephyr.  No idea whether it does screencasts.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".