Re: Parse inline scheme using per-expression port (issue 557330043 by ad

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parse inline scheme using per-expression port (issue 557330043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 14:40:06 +0100

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 9:41 AM Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Yes. See also the list of commits that are effectively reverted by this
>> commit.
>>
>> Note that there is still an off-by one error in the handling of closures
>> and parsing #{
>>

> Short repro:
>
> fail-func =
> #(define-music-function (name)
>    (string?)
>   #{
>     \new Staff = #(string-append "bla" name) { c'4 }
>   #}
>   )
>
> \fail-func "bla"

Still assuming that this is with your patch.  "Off-by-one" rings a bell
with me: could be related to port "lookahead", namely peek-char.  Though
this particular example does not appear to need it since the occurences
of # are all followed by a delimited thing: #( ... ) or #{ ... #}.  The
peekahead is more for things like #'bla and #7 so I don't really have an
idea how this could apply here.  Just throwing it out in case it could
prove related.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".