Re: Quarter Note Support for All Languages etc.

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Quarter Note Support for All Languages etc.
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 08:55:14 -0700 (MST)

Wols Lists wrote
> Don't forget that where you use the word "English", I believe the
> standard is that you actually *mean* American. Does that have any impact
> on your work?
>
> (For example, your very subject line is not English - if it were it
> would read "Crotchet Support ..." :-)

Hi Wol,

Fortunately, in this case there's no difference between British and American
English, as this post is not about note /durations/ (crotchet/quarter note,
quaver/eighth note, etc.) but about note /names/ for pitch input (ges, gf,
…) for the different \language definitions.
As in the statements
\language "english" or
\language "français"

Probably I didn't make it perfectly clear what I was talking about
"quarter-/tones/" (pitch), i.e. quarter-tone pitch steps, whereas you
understood "quarter /notes/" (duration).

Cheers,
Torsten

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html