Re: build cleanups. (issue 547690053 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: build cleanups. (issue 547690053 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 14:28:14 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/547690053/diff/567300043/config.make.in#newcode48
> config.make.in:48: GROFF = @GROFF@
> On 2020/02/29 22:03:03, dak wrote:
> > These sort of drive-by changes without any mention in commit message
or issue
> > make it a bit harder to review.  I find
> >
> > stepmake/stepmake/documentation-rules.make:     troff -man -Tascii
$< | grotty
> > -b -u -o > $@
> >
> > which is awkward by not using anything actually tested for.
Nevertheless, use
> > of grotty probably requires the presence of the groff package.  The
test
> should
> > likely be better targeted than what we currently have, though.
>
> do we use the .txt anywhere? The docker images (which don't include
groff) don't
> seem to fail for this.

What do you mean with "fail for this"?  Since the results of the test
for groff are not actually used anywhere, removing the test will not
change anything.  Removing the groff package from the docker image, in
contrast, could be problematic.  I really have no clue about the
workings of our build system.

https://codereview.appspot.com/547690053/