Re[5]: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases

From: Trevor
Subject: Re[5]: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 20:45:42 +0000

Mats wrote12/03/2020 19:35:09

On 3/12/20 6:02 PM, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 12.03.2020, 16:57 +0000 schrieb Trevor:

I've tried compiling several of my files running this version of yours inside
Frescobaldi on my Windows 10 system. All worked fine except one. Here's
a MWE which shows the fault I found:

\version "2.20.0"
%\version "2.21.0"
{ R1\fermataMarkup }

The error is

C:/Users/tdani/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-ac_xr8yj/tmpxnqoyxdi/document.ly:3:5:
error: unknown escaped string: `\fermataMarkup'
{ R1
     \fermataMarkup }

It works fine in Fresco with 2.20.0 and earlier releases.
Correct, because \fermataMarkup is no more in master / what will become
2.21.0 since the following commit:
commit 4424b153c016632e69a7cd7cae6425024cee49fb
Author: Malte Meyn <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri Apr 19 12:15:57 2019 +0200

     Issue 5511/2: deprecate \fermataMarkup
          This removes \fermataMarkup and adds a convert-ly rule.

The bad thing is that we don't have documentation on this yet without
an unstable release 😞

The good thing is that if you run convert-ly on the file, it will automatically
update to the new syntax! :-)
Thanks Jonas and Mats.

I couldn't get convert-ly to work in Frescobaldi - not sure why yet.
I had tried that first and it (mis-)lead me to believe there was no syntax change.

But at least I can see in the relevant documentation how to fix it.
(I still keep my LilyPond source repository more or less up to date, even though my days of hacking the docs are over. And having read the docs I do remember
seeing the change now!)

Trevor