Re: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 17:30:26 +0100

On 2020-03-12 16:41, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 12.03.2020, 16:17 +0100 schrieb Mats Bengtsson:
I did a quick test of the lilypond-linux-x86_64-full.tar.gz version on a
reasonably large project (some 80+ page output string quartet score) and
it runs without any error messages and produces correct output, with the
exception of Unicode characters in titling that are completely garbled,
but that's perhaps a known issue.
Works for me, at least title = "äöüß" works. But maybe that is related
to the problem below...
Sorry for the noise, I had managed to ruin the UTF-8 encoding in my input file by mistake.
When untarring the package, I happened to notice that the tar ball
contains a number of soft links to
/home/jonas/lilypond-binaries/dependencies/install/fontconfig-2.13.1/...
Ouch, TIL: "cp -r" and "tar" preserve symlinks, at least on Linux. The
files are there in the packages for FreeBSD and zip archives can't
handle them, so mingw is also fine. As a temporary matter, I've
uploaded fontconfig-2.13.1-conf.tar.gz to the GitHub release. Could you
extract that to lilypond/etc/fonts/conf.d and overwrite the links?

With a corrected input file, I get the correct output no matter if I keep the broken soft links or replace them by your new tar ball, at least I couldn't spot any difference.

By the way, I have also tested the non-full version of your package with the same successful result, all on Ubuntu 18.04TLS.

   /Mats