Re: two LSR questions

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: two LSR questions
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 21:28:50 +0100

Am Di., 17. März 2020 um 17:05 Uhr schrieb Sebastiano Vigna
<address@hidden>:

> > On 17 Mar 2020, at 16:01, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I'm currently upgrading LSR to LilyPond-2.20.0 locally on my machine.
> > Because I'm already nearly finished I planned to contact you, too.
> > I should be done latest at next weekend.
> > Although Corona causes even more work for me ...
> >
> > I'd suggest to upgrade your lsr-software to run LilyPond-2.20.
> > Then I'll send you the updated tarball with all snippets.
>
> OK, so you are updating the description and the snippets to the new version.

Well, I update the snippets to work with LilyPond-2.20.
Though, I didn't touch any description. Should I?

> It might be a good occasion to fix the UTF-8 problem. We could empty the text
> part in the database and reload the new descriptions and snippets correctly.
>
> But the tarball won't work--it merges all fields.

Iirc, sending you the updated tarball was the recommended method. Am I wrong?

> Maybe you could dump the database.

Not sure what you expect me to do.

Though, right now I'm done with my local updating work.
Most problematic snippets had insufficient codings, which I managed to
correct inside LSR, i.e. through the web-interface.
For several others I found syntax working both in 2.18.2 and 2.20.0,
already done through the web-interface as well.

There are only two snippets which can't be upgraded this way.

Wouldn't it be most easiest to
- unapprove those two snippets, comment its code/replace the code by
some dummy-markup. (Both are _not_ tagged docs.)
- switch LSR to run 2.20.0.
- run convert-ly over all approved snippets
- replace the dummy-markup of said two snippets by upgraded code, and
reapprove them?

Thanks,
  Harm