Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 12:24:41 +0200 (CEST)

>> It seems that you probably have to update your TeX system...
>
> Update or downgrade?

I suggest upgrading.  The current maintainer of xdvipdfmx fixes bugs
in TeXLive directly – however, this doesn't automatically update the
binaries that are in TeXLive's SVN repository.  It's not that
complicated to get the TeXLive sources and compile a private version
of xdvipdfmx by yourself, BTW.

> Besides, I haven’t changed anything on my OS recently and this
> started happening only a week or so ago; isn’t it possible that this
> is triggered by something introduced in our build system?

Maybe slight changes in the ghostscript output or options...

    Werner