Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:13:34 +0200

On 6/17/20, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
> I suggest upgrading.  The current maintainer of xdvipdfmx fixes bugs
> in TeXLive directly – however, this doesn't automatically update the
> binaries that are in TeXLive's SVN repository.  It's not that
> complicated to get the TeXLive sources and compile a private version
> of xdvipdfmx by yourself, BTW.

Where can I find the source code for xdvipdfmx?  They only have a
binary blob on
https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/x86_64-linux/xdvipdfmx
and the only other thing I could find was that comment:
https://sourceforge.net/p/xetex/code/ci/master/tree/build.sh#l129

BTW, having tested the latest texlive 2020 distro and even their blob
from svn, I can confirm that the bug still happens (it’s actually the
same version than the one provided in Fedora repos).

>> Besides, I haven’t changed anything on my OS recently and this
>> started happening only a week or so ago; isn’t it possible that this
>> is triggered by something introduced in our build system?
>
> Maybe slight changes in the ghostscript output or options...

Wouldn’t that be what we used to call a regression? :-)

On 6/17/20, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
> you can delete all untracked and ignored files in your repository using
>      git clean -xdf

Well, I was using git ls-files -o | xargs rm, which probably amounts
to the same, but thanks for that more subtle alternative.

Cheers,
-- V.