Re: Cairo

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Cairo
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:36:35 +0200

Hi Knut,

Am 25.06.21 um 01:35 schrieb Knut Petersen:
For those who are interested: here is an updated version of my cairo patch.

This time around, I could get it to compile. :-)

After testing it against a bunch of my recent everyday LilyPond documents: For most of the files, it seems to work perfectly. (In Okular, I seem to notice very subtle differences in line widths, but those may be rendering artifacts.)

Also, in most cases, the Cairo-generated pdf is much smaller than the original. This seems most promising and not far from production quality!

Noticable defects:

- There's no support for colors yet, right?
- \markup \scale ... is ignored. Is this a fundamental limitation, or is this "just not done yet"?

Lukas