Re: List behaviour (was "Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator")

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: List behaviour (was "Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator")
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 02:14:05 +0100

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hello all (especially List Admin?!),
>
> I must give some context for the following comment:
>
>> On Nov 12, 2021, at 10:41 AM, Kieren MacMillan
>> <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I’m not sure whether I’m waiting for others to move this discussion forward…?
>
> Going to the list archive, I now see that there were many, many posts
> on this thread (which I still have to go through)… but I’ve received
> basically none of them (the exceptions being two of Jean’s that have
> gotten to me somehow).
>
> I’m not sure exactly where there problem lies, though I do know that
> it’s not a spam filter with my ISP or my personal computer. If someone
> could help me resolve this, I’d appreciate it.

You probably have your list settings set to "avoid receiving duplicate
posts" so you don't get any mails sent to the list server for which you
are already listed in the recipients (as "reply to all" will do).

At the same time, your mail server at sympatico.ca rejects almost any
mail it receives, so the list server's assumption that you'll get a
personal copy anyway is mistaken.

Here is a typical such rejection mail: