Re: Why is NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details.extra-offset

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Why is NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details.extra-offset "upside down"?
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 16:39:59 -0500

Hi Jean,

> Within a system, positive Y offsets move higher because
> that is how we humans tend to think. However, page spacing
> all works with Y offsets going down.

Ah… That makes sense. Or at least the logic is internally consistent.  ;)
Thanks for clarifying it for me.

A note for any future thread readers: the docs at
<https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/explicit-staff-and-system-positioning>
 describe the current behaviour accurately.

I am satisfied that the current behaviour is likely optimal — I just need to
get it through my head.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.