Re: build problems - solved

From: Werner Arnhold
Subject: Re: build problems - solved
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:43:21 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2022, 17:21 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Werner Arnhold <werner@arnhold-berlin.de> writes:
>
> > Oh, sorry, I forgot: I use Debian-10.2 and Python 3.7.3 but there
> > is a
> > Python-2.7 on my machine too. The config.log says:
> >
> > configure:3205: checking for python
> > configure:3297: result: python3
> > configure:3300: checking python3 version
> > configure:3302: result: 3.7.3
> > configure:3312: checking for python3
> > configure:3330: found /home/werner/bin/python3
> > configure:3342: result: /home/werner/bin/python3
> >
> > That is a small shell script that adjusts the PYTHONPATH to include
> > my
> > privat python directories and then starts /usr/bin/python3.7.
>
> If it is a "small shell script", you should be able to post it
> here.  It
> is quite possible that it is not functionally compatible with the
> normal
> utility regarding the interpretation of commandline options and/or
> will
> not function perfectly when used as a #! interpreter.

The small shell script is:

    #!/bin/bash

    PYTHONPATH=~/python3:~/python3/mathe
    export PYTHONPATH

    /usr/bin/python3 "$@"

I use it because I need python2 and python3 in parallel  and want to
have my own version-specific directories in the Path. At the start of
the script PYTHONPATH is empty, when I start

    import sys
    print(sys.path)

I get

    ['/home/werner', '/home/werner/python3',
    '/home/werner/python3/mathe', '/usr/lib/python37.zip',
    '/usr/lib/python3.7', '/usr/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload',
    '/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages',
    '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages']

Newline inserted by me. I don't preserve the former content of
PYTHONPATH because the dirs for py2 and py3 would be mixed. Does the
compilation process for lilypond set special values for PYTHONPATH?

I did

    git clean -xdf
    ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
    mkdir build
    cd build
    ../configure
    make all

and ended with the same mess. When I grep'ed for PYHTONPATH I found it
is changed in the compilation process, so I commented out the changing
in my ~/bin/python3, now the compilation process ended without further
complaints.

Now I will proceed to translation. Thanks for the help!

Werner