Re: build problems - solved

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: build problems - solved
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:49:31 +0100

Le 13/01/2022 à 11:43, Werner Arnhold a écrit :
Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2022, 17:21 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
Werner Arnhold <werner@arnhold-berlin.de> writes:

Oh, sorry, I forgot: I use Debian-10.2 and Python 3.7.3 but there
is a
Python-2.7 on my machine too. The config.log says:

configure:3205: checking for python
configure:3297: result: python3
configure:3300: checking python3 version
configure:3302: result: 3.7.3
configure:3312: checking for python3
configure:3330: found /home/werner/bin/python3
configure:3342: result: /home/werner/bin/python3

That is a small shell script that adjusts the PYTHONPATH to include
my
privat python directories and then starts /usr/bin/python3.7.
If it is a "small shell script", you should be able to post it
here.  It
is quite possible that it is not functionally compatible with the
normal
utility regarding the interpretation of commandline options and/or
will
not function perfectly when used as a #! interpreter.

The small shell script is:

     #!/bin/bash
PYTHONPATH=~/python3:~/python3/mathe
     export PYTHONPATH

     /usr/bin/python3 "$@"

I use it because I need python2 and python3 in parallel  and want to
have my own version-specific directories in the Path. At the start of
the script PYTHONPATH is empty, when I start

     import sys
     print(sys.path)

I get

['/home/werner', '/home/werner/python3',
     '/home/werner/python3/mathe', '/usr/lib/python37.zip',
     '/usr/lib/python3.7', '/usr/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload',
     '/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages',
     '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages']

Newline inserted by me. I don't preserve the former content of
PYTHONPATH because the dirs for py2 and py3 would be mixed.

If for some reason you need the PYTHONPATH in your
shell to be that of Python 2, you could run

../configure PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3

to use a specific Python binary when compiling
LilyPond while not interfering with the rest.

Does the
compilation process for lilypond set special values for PYTHONPATH?

I did

     git clean -xdf
     ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
     mkdir build
     cd build
     ../configure
     make all

and ended with the same mess. When I grep'ed for PYHTONPATH I found it
is changed in the compilation process, so I commented out the changing
in my ~/bin/python3, now the compilation process ended without further
complaints.

Now I will proceed to translation. Thanks for the help!

Glad you solved your problem!

Best,
Jean