Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:33:31 +0100

I expect this has been considered before,
but what is it that makes it unpalatable to have a step like initex for TeX
to build the .go files upon installation?

Wouldn't it solve the issue at hand?
(The portability would be addressed by the fact that it's the target
platform to build online,
and you'd have a certain tolerance for variability at the destination site
that you could mop up
with a process like that would be difficult to handle apriori, I guess
short of producing several built packages)