Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 08:04:16 -0800

On 2022-03-01 6:41 am, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
[git commit 3cdce08c24d3cef7f242214f2b48763242a2ead6]

Please have a look at the output of

```
\new Score \with {
  \consists "Balloon_engraver"
} \new Staff {
  \balloonGrobText LedgerLineSpanner #'(1 . 1) "ledger line"
  c'''1
  \balloonGrobText LedgerLineSpanner #'(1 . -1) "ledger line"
  c'''1
}
```

There are two problems.

(1) The first balloon points to a position that is not related to the
    ledger line of the first note.  The vertical position is off, too.
(2) The balloon for the second note is missing.

If I'm not mistaken, there are bugs :-)

Aren't ledger lines printed as a singular stencil for the entire line? If so, it would make sense that the origin of the stencil aligns with the staff symbol. It would also mean there is only one grob to attach a balloon to.

Just the other day, I wanted to have ledger lines be printed in color to match the note head color. What I had to do was move the engraver from staff to voice so each voice could have its own ledger lines colored as I needed.

-- Aaron Hill