Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:25:14 +0100

Le 01/03/2022 à 19:33, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
Aren't ledger lines printed as a singular stencil for the entire
line?  If so, it would make sense that the origin of the stencil
aligns with the staff symbol.  It would also mean there is only one
grob to attach a balloon to.
Aah, ok.  I didn't know that (or skipped or forgot a corresponding
discussion on our mailing lists if there ever was such a thing),

I once posted a snippet for individually coloring ledgers, can't
find it again right now.

and
it's impossible to find out with the existing documentation.  The only
hint is that `LedgerLineSpanner` grobs by default live in `Staff` and
not `Voice`, ...

Not necessarily: if there were one grob for ledger lines per musical
point, the engraver would most likely still be in Staff, to add
ledgers to all notes from different voices that share them. There
is a hint, however, that there is just one LedgerLineSpanner (per
staff) for the whole score: the very name LedgerLine*Spanner*.
It would be an Item if there were one per musical point.

Jean