Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: strange results for LedgerLineSpanner and \balloonText
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 18:33:49 +0000 (UTC)

> Aren't ledger lines printed as a singular stencil for the entire
> line?  If so, it would make sense that the origin of the stencil
> aligns with the staff symbol.  It would also mean there is only one
> grob to attach a balloon to.

Aah, ok.  I didn't know that (or skipped or forgot a corresponding
discussion on our mailing lists if there ever was such a thing), and
it's impossible to find out with the existing documentation.  The only
hint is that `LedgerLineSpanner` grobs by default live in `Staff` and
not `Voice`, ...

> Just the other day, I wanted to have ledger lines be printed in
> color to match the note head color.  What I had to do was move the
> engraver from staff to voice so each voice could have its own ledger
> lines colored as I needed.

... as you have found out.

    Werner