Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:31:06 -0400

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 7:58 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Freeman Gilmore <freeman.gilmore@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 3:50 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> >

> >> We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.8. This is termed
> >> a development release, but these are usually reliable. If you want to
> >> use the current stable version of LilyPond, we recommend using the
> >> 2.22.2 version.
> >>
> >> In this release, dropping Guile 1.8 support has finally become possible
> >> also for our sources. We'd like to dedicate this release to Ian Hulin
> >> who was one of the first systematically working on our numerous
> >> roadblocks for Guile 2 migration after tackling a few other high-level
> >> problems. In the time spans where his health permitted it, he was able
> >> to significantly reduce the amount of remaining problems for the Guile 2
> >> migration after having started working on them in 2010, making the goal
> >> that we finally reached now more tangible for others to work on after he
> >> left us in 2015.
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Kastrup
> >>

> > Is there going to be a non binary version for windows coming soon?
>
> The source code is the same independent of operating system, so you
> apparently don't mean "source code" when you say "non binary".  What
> would your expectations of a "non binary version for windows" be?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Ok i see it now, but this was my problem.   I know that the source
code  (binary)
is usually the same for all but I have never worked with source code  for
LilyPond so when I read this, "Documentation writers and testers will
generally want to download the latest binary:" with 5 binaries listed
below,   *Note, the colon should be a period;* and make it look like it is
not the header for a listing.   I may not b the only dummy out there!.
Thank you, ƒg