Re: Should we be touching goops?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Should we be touching goops?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 14:20:35 +0200

Le 05/06/2022 à 14:13, David Kastrup a écrit :
git grep 'ly:moment-\(add\|sub\|mul\|div\|mod\)'
puts out a good page or so, much of it in articulate.ly and swing.ly.
Admittedly, both of those files are of the kind we would want to
encourage people to write, and that kind of change makes it more
convenient.

Sorry, my 'something' was meant to refer to introducing
a distinction between time points and time spans. (Like you)
I'm not convinced by the benefits of doing that compared
to all the churn of converting the code base and asking users
to convert their own Scheme code: I am not seeing operations on
moments that have no 'physical' meaning being a significant source
of actual bugs in our tracker (or a source of any bugs at all).

Independently, I have not understood how this topic relates
to the original topic of this thread, namely spelling operations
of Moment and possibly other types with standard + - * /
overloaded via GOOPS rather than via dedicated functions.

Jean