Distribution delays on mailing lists for GNU LilyPond

From: Jean Abou Samra
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 21:58:40 +0200

Hello, dear administrators of GNU list servers,

Sorry for the possible double post, I was not sure which address to
send this to. This is to let you know that mailing lists related
to the GNU LilyPond project have recently been experiencing abnormal
distribution delays. Even though this has been a problem in the
past, it seems to be exacerbated somewhat. On lilypond-user and
lilypond-user-fr at least, it is not infrequent for me to receive
message two or three hours later. Some have reported routinely
receiving emails one or two days after the fact, cf.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-05/msg00399.html
This is a nail in the project's feet, as people are doing duplicated
work to answer support questions, and are less encouraged to
step in discussions that are exhausted hours before they get
into their inboxes.

Is this expected? Could something be done about it?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Jean Abou Samra (developer on GNU LilyPond)