Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:01:33 -0400

On Aug 10, 2022, at 14:20, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> There is also \mark <integer>. I don't know if it's really that
> useful. If you need this, you can just as well do
>
>   \set Score.rehearsalMark = <integer>
>   \mark \default

I found that interface inconvenient enough not to imitate it in the coda and
segno mark implementation.  \codaMark <integer> and \segnoMark <integer> are
supported, but the context properties holding the current sequence numbers are
internal.

Remember the reasons that you preferred that \bar send an event rather than set
a property?  Maybe they apply to this too.

% warning about this is very easy with with assign_event_once
<<
  \mark 1
  \mark 2

% we can't warn about this