Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 07:51:59 -0400

On Aug 14, 2022, at 04:03, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

>> Or maybe \textMark and \textEndMark? I'm not sure.
>
> I prefer `\textMark` over 'ad-hoc' or 'nonce'.  As with Jean, I've
> never used the word 'nonce' before.

I also prefer \textMark.  Then ad-hoc-mark-event can remain ad-hoc.

FYI, "nonce" is alive and well as jargon in at least two domains.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_nonce
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_word

I do not think there would have been a problem using "nonce" in an internal
name, but if I preferred it over "ad-hoc", I would not have used "ad-hoc" in
the first place.
—
Dan