Re: Moving most initialization to .scm files

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Moving most initialization to .scm files
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 19:50:07 +0200

On Sun, 2022-09-04 at 22:38 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> This needs to be done for lots of code in lots of files, so it will be
> quite a major change to the source even though it is just a straightforward
> translation.

I don't like this idea very much just two weeks before branching for a
new stable release. No matter how "straightforward", I find the risk
too high that something goes wrong, or that it turns out not to be a
good idea for some other reason, or that we still find it insufficient
and an entirely different solution is required...

For me, this also means we should go without !1510 for the release.
It's unfortunate, but not the end of the world; and I personally think
it's worse to delay the entire release by weeks / months or even an
undetermined amount of time.

Jonas