Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 18:18:42 +0100

> Le 25 déc. 2022 à 18:08, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> Hello Jean,
>
> I just verified that 2.25 doesn't accept a tuplet of skips ( i.e:  \tuplet
> 3/2 {  s s s }, while all the previous versions do.
> Is this really intended?

No, as I wrote on a comment in the issue. It was not an intended effect of my
change. Note, though, that previous versions output a programming error.

> I understand that a tuplet of skips doesn't make sense in a score, but I
> believe it makes sense in a function.
> I have some functions in my library that can obtain these tuplets as the
> result of some processing and this causes troubles for me. Therefore I wonder
> how I can get rid of the previous error.

Frankly, unless you are really after 2.25 features, which aren’t that numerous
at this early point in its development cycle, I would just use 2.24 and wait
for this bug to be fixed in 2.25.