Re: The hel-arabic.ly file story...

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: The hel-arabic.ly file story...
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 09:21:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hassan,

> Question: Should all key signatures for the various maqams simply go
>           only into arabic.ly ?
> Answer: All key signatures for the various maqams simply go only
>         into hel-arabic.ly (if not modified, as recently proposed)

You are missing the point.  Whether the signatures are in `arabic.ly`
or in `hel-arabic.ly` is a purely technical decision.  It doesn't
affect the user interface in any way.  I can only repeat: The user can
select between `\include "arabic.ly"` and `\include "hel-arabic"` – it
is completely irrelevant where the maqam definitions are actually
stored internally.

For example, a different layout could be

  arabic.ly:
    ... some setup for arabic ...
    \include "maqam.ly"

  hel-arabic.ly: