Re: Turkish makam

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Turkish makam
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 19:18:32 +0100

> On 13 Jan 2023, at 19:03, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> [...] a possible future change could be, say,
>>
>>  \include "arabic.ly"
>>  \language "arabic-hel"
>>
>> but I don't see much benefit for that.
>
> Hmm, probably it *is* the way to go – this is exactly what is done in
> `makam.ly` and `turkish-makam.ly`.  Too bad that `makam.ly` is
> essentially undocumented...

From what I can see, makam.ly is the original faulty file, only there for
backwards compatibility, which might be removed if there is no need for that.
The file turkish-makam.ly <http://turkish-makam.ly/> is the corrected one
written by Adam Good.

I described the theoretical background in the post below:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2022-12/msg00187.html