Re: want to help

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: Re: want to help
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 18:45:22 -0500

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Here is what the contributor's guide has to say on commit access:
>
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/contributor/commit-access
>
> “Generally, only contributors who have already provided a number of
> patches which have been merged to the main repository will be considered
> for membership.”

I did read that in the contributor's guide, and initially assumed by
"main repository" it meant "master branch" (though why wouldn't it say
that?).  But when I go to the Merge Requests page there is no "New Merge
Request" button as the gitlab docs say there should be.  Moreover, when
I try to commit my local branch (to a branch named dev/... per
instructions), it refuses to let me:

------------

% git push gitlab defineBarLine-doc:dev/expand-defineBarLine-documentation
remote:
remote: ========================================================================
remote:
remote: ERROR: You are not allowed to push code to this project.
remote:
remote:
and the repository exists.

I have "gitlab" correctly configured to point to the LilyPond gitlab
project---I can pull from it.  And I have an ssh key set up, and checked
that I can push like this to a different project that I own.

What am I missing??

-David