Re: Explicit default duration?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Explicit default duration?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:50:13 -0800

On 2023-01-23 9:12 am, Luca Fascione wrote:
Of course. Forgive me I got distracted with Mats's message (for which I
suspect 'p' could be a viable suggestion? p -> last sound (or last pitch?),
q -> last chord)

For your case I'm warming up to the 0, actually

I would say there is symmetric value with 'p' as a pseudo pitch, so maybe not throw out the idea altogether.

%%
{ a4. b8 c4 r0 2 b } % '0' breaks up the parsing without changing duration
{ a4. b8 c4 r p2 b } % 'p' achieves a similar goal but regarding pitch
%%

If both of these patterns could be accepted, then it would give users a choice of how they prefer to input music. I, for one, would find myself using 'p' over '0', but others may find the exact opposite working for their needs.

-- Aaron Hill