Re: Lilypond website

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond website
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:16:21 +0100

Chip Zoller writes:

> The problem with criticisms such as this one don't take into
> consideration that everything with Finale and more is fully
> customizeable.

The argument is mostly about automated engraving.  Customizability
does not score points.  We had discussions on this before, please look
in the archives.

> Finale is used by some of the world's largest publication houses
> (even Barenreiter)
> and I don't think they would all be using it if a better approach to
> engraving existed.

You have contacts with Baerenreiter, that's very interesting!  I
understand that publishing houses never talk about the software they
use.  You would not happen to know the last time Baerenreiter tested
and dismissed LilyPond?  We're always interested in hearing about
problems they might have.

Jan.